Delivered by Hertz Equipment Rental
- Identify key characteristics of the forklift (Counterbalance, Narrow Aisle, Motorized Hand Truck, or Rough Terrain) used for the work task.
- Define key concepts related to the stability of a forklift.
- Identify forklift related items that must be checked in a pre-operational forklift safety inspection (Walk-Around/Observation, Operational, and Work Site) and complete a pre-operation inspection checklist in a hands-on training exercise.
- Identify safe practices and complete a hands-on training exercise for the following forklift operations: Loading and Unloading, Traveling, Parking, Additional situations/considerations.
- Identify safe practices for refueling of internal combustion (propane, gasoline, and diesel) equipment.
- Identify safe practices for battery care and recharging for electric trucks.
- State the procedure for becoming qualified to safely operate another forklift with different controls, fuel systems, and attachments.
- Knowledge testing, including a written exam.
- Practical test, where participants must demonstrate the use of equipment.
- Government-issued photo identification
- Steel-toed boots
Hertz Equipment Rental
105 MacKay Crescent, Fort McMurray AB, T9H 4C9